Acuity is an award winning consulting firm that provides proven management and technological services to the Federal government. Recognized as "One of the Best Places to Work" by the Washington Business Journal for five consecutive years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015), we are hiring an Office Manager and Assistant Facility Security Officer to further assist and support us in our growth.
This position is a dual responsibility role with dotted line reporting to the Facility Security Officer (FSO). The position requires a multi-dimensional professional who is able to ensure the requirements outlined in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) are implemented to prevent unauthorized disclosure of classified information across multiple government agencies and platforms.
Specific tasking will include, but is not limited to, oversight of classified document control; personnel security clearance processing utilizing the Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP); track clearances in process and manage active clearances using the Joint Personnel Adjudication System and the Joint Clearance and Access Verification System (JPAS/JCAVS); process classified and unclassified Visitor Access Request Forms (VAR) and Badge Request Forms (DS-1838 and other government forms as requested; fingerprints using Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT) or ink fingerprinting cards; conduct employee security orientation, personnel security briefings and debriefings and security awareness/training of cleared and uncleared personnel; conduct self-inspections in preparation for security audits and end-of-day procedures. Position will also include DHS suitability paperwork processing and overall administration.
This position is also responsible for overall administrative office activities, including internal office build outs, space procurements or moves, facility security, asset tracking, internal purchasing requests, office supplies, reception area, mail, meeting logistics and other ancillary duties and projects expected in a professional office environment. Manages reception staff. This role will also assist executives and other departments as needed.
This position requires the ability to maintain an excellent level of customer service and be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least two years of previous experience in office management or administration.
- At least one year of experience working with the NISPOM for an organization holding a facility clearance.
- Working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
- Proficient with desktop computing platforms and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and conflicting customer requirements.
- Ability to follow directions is a must.
- Individual must be self-driven.
- Individual must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Successful candidate shall possess or have the ability to obtain a Top Secret DoD clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.