Position SummaryCompass Oncology – the Pacific Northwest’s largest privately owned cancer care group – offers a myriad of treatments and services to their patients. At both our Rose Quarter Cancer Center, located in the heart of Portland, OR, and our Vancouver Cancer Center located in east Vancouver, WA, our patients can receive Radiation Oncology (RadOnc) services. Our dedicated RadOnc team is looking for TWO On Call Radiation Therapists to become their newest members. As an integral part of the RadOnc care team, the Radiation Therapist would assist with the administration of radiation treatments to our patients. Other duties would include assisting with scheduling, making custom molds, and aiding the Radiation Oncologist in the treatment of our patients. Apply today, and join the team that makes a difference in people’s lives.
Employment Type: On Call – 0.25 FTE
Location: Portland, OR & Vancouver, WA
Under direct supervision, administers radiation therapy treatments to patients. Accuracy in positioning the beam of radiation to correspond with the designated tumor volume and accurately delivering the prescribed dose are paramount job functions. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately delivers and records radiation therapy treatments under the direction of a radiation oncologist and chief radiation therapist.
- Accurately enters and maintains patient treatment parameters into electronic medical record.
- Participates in clinical instruction of newly hired therapists and students.
- Assists in maintaining patient appointment schedule and submitting correct billing information.
- Accurately cuts blocks, when applicable.
- Accurately makes custom molds.
- Accurately completes simple mu calculations.
- Accurately interprets a computerized treatment plan.
- Maintains clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Experience and Education:
- Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy technology program.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Position is entry level and requires 0-2 years experience actively practicing as an RTT.
- ARRT certification required
- Must hold valid state license for radiation therapy – Oregon and Washington Required
More About The Company
Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 75 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with five clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.