Texas Oncology in Houston, TX is searching for a Clinical Research Nurse (RN) for the Willowbrook location. The hours are Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p with no weekends, call or major holidays. Under direct supervision of a physician, the Research RN is responsible for enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trials. Collaborates with physician in determining eligibility of patients for clinical trials. Provides education to staff and patients. Ensures site research quality by practicing in compliance with US Oncology Research, Inc. (USOR) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Supports and adheres to US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics Business Standards.
Texas Oncology delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories."® in their fight against cancer. We are an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends.
Texas Oncology has more than 175 locations throughout Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our network is not a single institution. It is the driving passion of more than 420 physicians collectively focused on treating cancer and blood disorders with leading-edge technology and innovative research no matter where you live. On average, we treat more than 50,000 new cancer patients each year, with documented growth year over year. Texas Oncology pioneered the concept of community-based, outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers. We give local communities access to leading-edge technology that was previously only available in larger metropolitan areas. Texas Breast Specialists and Texas Urology Specialists are a part of Texas Oncology. Texas Oncology is an affiliate of The U.S. Oncology Network, which is owned by McKesson Specialty Health, a division of McKesson Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients on protocol.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements. May disburse investigational drug and provide patient teaching regarding administration. Maintains investigational drug accountability.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug, and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting. Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with USOR SOP and applicable regulations.
- Participates in required training and education programs. Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Additional responsibilities may include working directly with other (non-USOR) research bases and/or sponsors.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all time through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Graduate from an accredited program for nursing education (BSN preferred)
- 3 years of RN experience, preferably in oncology or research
- Experience in clinical research preferred
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in state of practice
- Current BLCS or ACLS certification required. OCN, SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred
-Knowledge of medical terminology, nursing assessment, clinical trials and GCP concepts.
-Experience with computer data entry and database management.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Excellent organizational skills
-Attention to details and accuracy
-Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures such as protocols, informed consent documents, and regulatory documents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.
ABOUT TEXAS ONCOLOGY:
The vision of Texas Oncology is to be the first choice for cancer care. We have high standards for patient satisfaction and offer exceptional value in cancer care. We also strive to advance clinical research and develop innovative approaches to treatment of oncology and hematology disorders.
The mission of Texas Oncology is to provide excellent, evidence-based care for each patient we serve, while advancing cancer care for tomorrow. To this end, we give patients access to the highest quality cancer care available today within their own local communities. Our cutting-edge technologies, treatments and research are offered in welcoming and comfortable environments. We maintain comprehensive quality oversight and responsible financial management. At all times, we pride ourselves in being moral, ethical and efficient as a medical practice and employer.
We extend an extremely competitive offering of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401-k with a matching component, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and Wellness & Perks Programs.
Come join our growing organization and enjoy knowing that you work for an organization dedicated to making the lives of others better.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.