Position SummaryCompany Overview:
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders. We support this goal with state-of-the-art facilities across Southern Nevada, all of which integrate the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and research capabilities. CCCN is dedicated to patient-centered care, advancing innovation, discovery, and improving outcomes. CCCN is a member of The US Oncology Network, which is affiliated with approximately 30 practices that have more than 350 sites of care in 19 states. The almost 1,000 physicians affiliated with The US Oncology Network treat more than 750,000 patients annually.
Las Vegas Opportunity:
There's more to Las Vegas than the Strip! Our residents enjoy pleasant suburban communities, world-class restaurants and many beautiful parks! Besides no state tax, the cost of living here is slightly below the national average. Quiet, alternative options to the Strip include: The Smith Center for Performing Arts, museums, as well as nearby state and national parks such as Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Spring Mountain Ranch and the National Conservation Area. In addition, Henderson, Nevada is one of the nation's safest cities to live in with very low crime rates.
We are seeking a NP, PA or APP for our Medical Oncology team in the Las Vegas, NV area. Responsibilities include working collaboratively with clinical physicians and healthcare team members in managing the care of ambulatory adult oncology patients including triage and symptom management.
The Oncology NP, PA or APP will:
• Perform physical examinations
• Carries out appropriate intervention/procedures
• Promotes excellent patient care and customer service
• Serves as a role model in nursing knowledge and clinical practice
• Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Effectively secure and deploy resources
• Models exceptional communication skills
• Adapts to the demands of dynamic clinical situations
Well Qualified Candidates will possess:
• Current unrestricted Nevada Licenses
• Master's Degree in Nursing
• Prescriptive privileges (or eligible)
• NP, PA or APP experience (strongly preferred)
• A minimum of 3-5 years of related oncology clinical experience
• OCN and national certification required
• Demonstrated ability to educate others and serve as a positive change agent
• Analytical skills to evaluate patient's status, healthcare procedures, techniques to monitor quality of care
• BLS Certification
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have a passion for caring for their patients.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
Still have more questions? Please call our Nursing Hotline at 702-435-2977 to speak to an Oncology Nursing Leader who can give you more information on starting or continuing your career in oncology nursing.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.