The successful candidate will be experienced with .Net, XML, and SQL. This position has a hands-on role in the configuration and implementation of a COTS web-based software solution for the Oklahoma Tax Commission’s integrated tax accounting, revenue processing and tax administration application. The position requires a high level of knowledge and understanding of .Net and SQL programming. The candidate will be an innovator, constant learner, and effective contributor. Must be able to promote, practice and deliver customer service skills in a demanding service-oriented environment. Candidates must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to work within a team environment. Excellent listening and analytical skills are essential, along with the ability to remain calm under project deadlines and day-to-day demands. The ability to coordinate and collaborate with others is a must.
- Configure, develop and implement solutions within the context of the GenTax Integrated Tax System
- Work with other developers in configuring, developing, debugging, and tuning application solutions
- Coordinate with other IT functional areas and business units as necessary to understand functional requirements and business needs
- Interact with the on-site consultants to complete project task assignments from documented business requirements, and developer testing to implementation
- Utilize strong team skills with a customer-support approach to handling complex business solutions
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related discipline. Other degreed disciplines will be considered if Professional Certifications are earned.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Skills to take general input and direction and to subsequently organize and complete assigned project tasks
- Experience with operational web based applications from conception to deployment
Employment with the OTC offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, paid holidays and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks sick paid leave in the first year of employment.