This position oversees and manages Online Banking, and will plan, direct, and organize the activities of the workgroup, and is responsible for the development, enhancement and support of the consumer mobile and online banking products and services to include payments and remote deposit capture.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work collaboratively with Management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approves personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development of staff, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions and develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Plans and directs workflow to improve department efficiency, quality of work and ensure work is completed within established timelines.
- Provide oversight of department procedures to ensure adherence to Bank policy and industry regulations.
- Prepare schedules for and interacts with internal and external auditors.
- Coordinate and deliver timely management reporting of electronic banking activities, business continuity, risks and trends.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans, reviews reports for usage and budget recommendations; helps organize plans and makes recommendations for electronic banking projects involving functional changes within the Bank.
- Ensure proper implementation and on-going maintenance of products and services to include user experience, product design, system interfaces, payment processes, regulatory compliance, policy and procedure compliance, and adequate internal controls.
- Work cross-functionally with department end users, technical team and vendors to collect, evaluate and compress data and information from multiple sources, resolve conflicts and differentiate between actual and required user and client needs.
- Assists with and/or leads the merger and acquisition functions and integration of services for the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management – strongly desired.
- 5 + years' progressively responsible and recent experience in electronic banking, which includes a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory and/or management role in operations or retail banking – required.
- Strong working knowledge of banking business processes, operations, mobile and online systems and platforms, core processing systems, and managing projects for technical and business solutions – required.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and/or comparable experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Exhibits professional and effective listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills (group meetings, correspondence, reports and email), with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong management / leadership skills are required to motivate and develop a high performance work team and monitor workflow and schedules; employee development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are essential.
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests and staffing schedules, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of bank accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Strong knowledge of business processes and experience leading new product rollouts, bank conversion and system conversion efforts.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of consumer online banking, bill pay, mobile banking, Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), ACH origination and compliance, disclosures, and terminology related to banking laws and regulations.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook); and working knowledge of financial services industry core processing and automated banking systems, i.e., Fiserv or equivalent; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, which may require assisting at other locations, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10-20 lbs. (e.g., files, boxes, handouts).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here Opens a New Window. for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.comHelp