Local F500 client is looking for a OpenShift Platform & Onboarding Engineer to add to their team for a long term contract opportunity. The OpenShift Platform & Onboarding Engineer will be accountable for assisting with application migrations to the to client's containerized Platform-as-a-Service offering. As a member of the Cloud Engineering Team, engineers will also be involved with engineering, support, and thought leadership as it relates to the platform, automation, and other related activities.
- Assist application teams with on-boarding to the Openshift platform – Resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with the ability to explain and translate relevant details of the OpenShift platform and its constituent components to those less familiar.
- Building, testing, and administering several highly available RedHat OpenShift Container Platform clusters.
- Work with vendors to develop solutions, feature enhancements, and define technical infrastructure environment specific to our organization.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems.
- Monitor hardware, VM and container metrics for the purposes of maintaining cluster health and identifying thresholds for scaling.
- Rotational 24x7 on-call support.
- Define and document standards and guidelines.
- Develop and automate repeatable tasks.
- Consult with development users to determine requirements and recommend solutions.
- Assist with configuration and maintenance of interfaces for related tool integrations.
- Performance tuning of infrastructure components.
- Review project deliverables of completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action if necessary.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating as needed.
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines as appropriate.
- Partner with architects to design and engineer solutions for internal customers.
- Develops and maintains a positive rapport with other teams in the IT organization.
- Experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Experience with Java, JBoss, Springboot, WAS/WXS and enterprise application architectures.
- Specific knowledge and experience with migrating and refactoring applications to containerized workloads.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures.
- Demonstrated skill in at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet).
- Specific knowledge and experience provisioning multi-node HA clusters – including monitoring, performance testing, and application deployment.
- Deep conceptual and applied understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and practices.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus or comparable substitutes.
- Must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require participation at a given time.
- Must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues, and providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products.
- Experience with VMware technologies such as vCenter, vRA and vRO.
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management and Venafi.
- Experience with Agile teams, tools, practices & ceremonies (kanban, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry leading standards and emerging technologies.
- Monitoring Logging: SumoLogic, Dynatrace, QRadar, UIM, Spectrum.