Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff of Research, Delivery, and Operations, the Operational Excellence Strategist role will help drive application engineering, infrastructure engineering, and cloud operations Quality Operational Excellence efforts by working alongside Research, Delivery, and Operations leaders, the centralized Quality center of excellence team and other stakeholders. This position will be a key part of the Research, Delivery, and Operations quality program center of excellence and process improvement, and will partner with businesses and functional areas throughout the company to drive overall operational maturity and help improve Blackbaud uptime and availability. The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide strategic thought leadership and support the execution of high-visibility quality improvement initiatives and skilled change management.
Strong leadership skills with proven technical and business experience are a necessity for the process engineering position. Comprehensive knowledge of process and quality improvement best practices are necessary skills along with excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, sound judgment and a unique ability to solve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead cross-departmental and cross-functional quality process improvement programs across an 800+ technology organization, focused on driving significant value to the business in terms of revenue, efficiencies, and customer satisfaction.
* Implement industry best practices in key areas impacting quality of our solutions: software engineering, cloud and data center operations, & product management.
* Train and coach R&D and data center operations resources on process engineering tools and methods.
* Works with all levels of the organization to identify and implement quality process improvement, find process interactions and dependencies, develop key performance indicators and clarify business operations
* Works closely with the Business Operations, Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations and Application Engineering teams to drive key Quality Program initiatives, and define and implement best practices
* Provides constant, ongoing communication to ensure barriers/obstacles to business process improvement are removed and necessary support is provided
* Ability to translate a complex, broad initiative into a value proposition with a clear vision and unambiguous communication
* Excellent communication skills to interface and influence business leaders
* Ability to identify synergies and opportunities for simplification
* Experience in root cause analysis, DMAIC improvement cycles and core tools used to drive Six Sigma projects focused on improving infrastructure reliability and availability
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
* At least 5-10 years of hands-on experience in as many of the following areas as possible – quality management, process engineering, organizational change management, project & program management
* Experience with software engineering and technology organizational maturity
* Six Sigma Black Belt certification
* Familiarity with ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.