Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 9th Year in a Row - 2018 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
The Operational Training Specialist is responsible for developing, assessing and training job skills/tasks in response to business unit needs. Reports employee progress to business units upon completion of a course. You will maintains training materials and records accurately.
In this role you will:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects within established timelines.
- Develop and write course objectives, curriculum materials (i.e., participant guides, job aids etc.) and course assessments.
- Plan and facilitate face-to-face classroom training events for large groups, small groups and individuals.
- Plan and facilitate distance learning training events for large group, small group and individuals.
- Document and update training materials and attendance records accurately.
- Evaluate and report employee progress and training feedback to business unit leads within defined Service Level Agreements.
- Assist in evaluating participant skill sets for hew hire staff to determine employment continuation or termination.
- Ability to learn and keep up-to-date with job skills, systems, and procedures for business units supported.
- Work collaboratively with the training team to support business unit requests.
- Collaborate with business units and SMEs on desired training outcomes.
- Ability to assess the comprehension and understanding of learner(s) in a live training situation and adjust facilitation style to address the needs.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication, Psychology or other related fields; OR equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
- 2 or more years customer service experience/operational experience in health care or other related fields
In addition, we prefer:
- 1 or more year experience working with/for/supporting training
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.