Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking a Operations Analyst for a 6+ month contract opportunity in Richmond, VA, with one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and experience with an industry leader currently operating the nation's largest natural gas storage system.
As an Operations Analyst, you will:
- Conduct studies of distribution systems to support distribution planning, distribution standards, distribution operations support and the Regional Operations Center.
- Perform studies of distribution system regarding service reliability using computer-based models.
- Assess design of new facilities or modification to existing facilities.
- Execute distribution switching orders under the direction of a switching supervisor.
- Gather and analyze various computer data to determine location and cause of power outages.
- Efficiently dispatch first response personnel and repair crews to provide quick and logical response to outages and emergency situations. -Schedule and manage other non-emergency customer requested work in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure superior customer service. -Provide accurate and timely information to customers.
- Resolve customer complaints and prepare correspondences to accurately process customer requests.
- Must have 1 - 5 years related 911 dispatcher experience.
- Must have basic knowledge of distribution and transmission systems.
- Must have specific job application of personal and mainframe computer systems.
- Must have practical electricity and protective device coordination.
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, good computer skills, and proficientcy working in various software applications,such as GIS, Microsoft Office, and Lotus Notes.
- Must have strong problem resolution skills, be able to address multiple tasks simultaneously, and handle constantly changing and emerging priorities.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree is required.
- Must be able to sit for the majority of the shift.
- Must be able to read, write, and use a telephone.
- This is shift work, 40hrs/week consisting of a 3-week pattern of (5) 8-hr shifts one week, (4) 10-hr shifts the next, (5) 8-hr shifts the next. Hours are default scheduled, but may vary. Expect a M-F 6:00 am-2:00 pm. shift during extensive training program, then move to shift work to include 2:00 pm -10:00 pm and 2:00 pm -12:00 am evening shifts.
- Restoration work for storm events will entail overtime.
- This is a 6+ month contract.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.