Job ID: 137919
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Operations Associate – Leadership Development Program (LDP)
- The Preferred Materials Leadership Development Program is designed to provide recent college graduates interested in developing a career in the building and construction industry valuable exposure to the broad range of Oldcastle Materials Group businesses, through a structured regimen of experiences involving different operations, functions and disciplines designed to increase knowledge and develop professional and managerial skills.
- The Operations Associate position is a unique 18-24 month development opportunity to gain rapid exposure to and experience within the business through a variety of leadership role assignments.
- This position will be located in any of our main offices located throughout the SE Region.
Characteristics of Successful Candidate
The LDP is a highly competitive program in which prior internship, co-op, and work experiences, in addition to a well-rounded education are keys to success. The program will give you the chance to experience several different assignments in a variety of departments. We are seeking individuals with a demonstrated history of success in the following areas: leadership, self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, commitment and hard work. In addition, successful applicants must be willing to relocate within the Southeastern US.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- Concentration in Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, presentation – as well as ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively under tight deadlines, strict quality standards, and established business and customer requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Minimum of one completed internship/co-op experience in Construction or related field.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.