Hawaii Water Service was formed in 2003 with the acquisition of Ka'anapali Water Corporation. Hawaii Water's (Location/District) serves 700 customers on Maui, including several large resorts and condominium complexes. In 2008, Hawaii Water acquired the Pukalani Sewerage Treatment Works, a wastewater system serving 800 customers in Pukalani, located approximately 30 miles from the Ka'anapali District on Maui. And in 2008, Hawaii Water purchased the Waikoloa Water Company, Waikoloa Sanitary Sewer Company, and Waikoloa Resort Utilities, which provide water and wastewater services to homes, condominiums, hotels, golf courses, and shops at Waikoloa Beach Resort and in Waikoloa Village, both on the Big Island of Hawaii. Also, in December 2008, Hawaii Water formed Kona Water Service Company on the Big Island to provide water and wastewater services to residences and businesses on the Kukio Resort.
Today, Hawaii Water serves 4,300 regulated accounts on Maui and Hawaii, many of which are large users. Hawaii Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Operations Clerk is responsible for creating, dispatching, and tracking all purchases of materials, parts, or supplies, including those for fleet vehicles; creating specific and non-specific work orders; processing and tracking change orders; preparing and maintaining files, reports, and logs; performing various administrative duties including shipping/receiving mail or packages and submitting requests for checks or payments; responds to and resolves inquiries from customers, vendors, and contractors. This position is located on the Big Island, Hawaii.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and updating Capital budget schedule, creating specific and non-specific work orders and assisting accounting on closing work orders Also, responsible for generating reports regarding capital budget
- Prepares daily and/or end of month reports for manager review, including but not limited to daily and/or end of month reports for items such as district production report, mileage reporting, well levels, sand test, and Field order reporting
- Respond to and resolve inquiries from contractors, including updating vendor insurance documentation
- Initiates, updates, and complete specific and nonspecific Power Plant projects; perform accounting functions related to all aspects of Operations capital projects including monitor and research expenses
- Performs administrative duties as needed such as create and update Operations forms, filing, receive radio calls from field, purchase and restock break room/lounge supplies
- Monitor inventory and place orders for operations/departmentally supplies
- Receive Hawaii One Call (USA One) requests from field and contact Underground Service Alert
- Performs work safely by adhering to Cal Water Safety programs and policies as well as reporting hazards and unsafe conditions
- Coordinates, creates, and dispatches all purchase orders for materials, parts, or supplies
- Maintains and tracks all fleet vehicle purchases including parts, fuel receipts, renewals, transfers, and vehicle retirements
- Designs and maintains various record-keeping systems; independently completes special projects and assignments
- Researches and processes invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports; monitors budget and creates specific reports
- Responds to and resolves inquiries from customers, vendors, and contractors
- Complies with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Coordinates delivery and pickup of materials or orders, ships/receives packages or mail, and organizes/tracks existing inventory
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Perform other duties as assigned to fulfill business operational needs and objectives
- Attend meetings and training as requested by Hawaii Water Service /California Water Service
- High School diploma or possession of a GED
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform basic math functions to calculate figures, reconcile invoices, and track expenses
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s license and good driving record required
Deadline to submit resume is Sunday, July 15, 2018.The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES