Summary: The role of Ops Efficiency Engineer/Analyst will identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the Equipment and maintenance operation. Develop and revise (as needed) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each functional operation while ensuring SOP’s are updated and adhered to on a consistent basis. Support the development of RFP’s/RFQ's as needed, perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various products and services relating to and including construction equipment and related parts and materials. Based in the Fort Worth, TX area.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Develop and document safety focused standard work procedures (SOP’s) for service department, including the equipment yards and on-site mechanics and fuelers.
Planning and Development:
- Develops forecast of needed inventory of equipment and fleet to meet the needs of construction based on workload.
- Provides engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence.
- Develop, manage, and lead implementation of Standard Operating Process's (SOP's) that enable safety, capacity, and productivity improvements.
- Participates in weekly construction calls to address future forecasting with Operations Managers and Construction Directors.
- Evaluate resources for maintenance and emergency services as required to support construction.
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting.
- Assists in development of proposals and RFP's/RFQ’s.
- Analyses the Equipment Department P&L to develop and discover efficiency opportunities.
- Validates and suggest modifications as needed to internal recharge rates for owned and rented equipment.
- Completes monthly forecasts for Equipment Department costs and revenues based on department operating costs, equipment utilization, and asset sales/acquisitions.
- Analyzes the rate of return of purchasing assets versus renting them in different regions and business lines.
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect rent/lease/purchase decisions through the use of historical data, statistics, and quality engineering tools
- Analysis of rental rates, RPOs, and financing terms with key vendors to ensure RES receives the best value for equipment and fleet.
- Bulk fuel
- Small tools
- Develops department policies, procedures and controls to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance with RES policies and procedures.
- Provides a positive and engaging work environment by:
providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Scheduling activities logically
- Development of processes and procedures
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Project Management
- Contract management
- Budget Analysis
- Report writing
- Writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- Internally with all RES teams.
- Externally to vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, and federal agencies.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Presentation skills
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma & Lean
- ISO systems
- Job costing or accounting software
- Space planning and layout design (AutoCAD) preferred skill
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related area of study or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience).
- Project Management Systems - PMP Cert preferred
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Some travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.