OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT TRAINEE- Memphis, TN
Dynamic company seeks Operations Manager Trainee to embark on a successful career in Memphis, TN. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., the largest family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction supplies in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Texas. Ram Tool has a vast product line with 30,000+ unique items to sell and over 90% of deliveries made within 24 hours.
The Operations Management Trainee position will be a 6 month to 12 month program (may be accelerated based on performance and need). It is designed to give the necessary experience for a trainee to assume an Operations Management, or other applicable role within the company.
This is a great opportunity to learn firsthand how Ram Tool operates. Training will be conducted out of the Memphis, TN branch. This position does require a commitment to relocate to any company location upon successful completion of the program.
Reporting to the Operations Department head and other assigned managers, the Operations Management Trainee is responsible for the following:
- Ability to manage operations projects with general guidance and high level of initiative.
- Travel to all branches to evaluate programs/processes and train new and existing operations employees.
- Assess the efficiency of current branch level operations, corporate operations processes, and make recommendations for improvement to department head and applicable managers.
- Support Corporate programs and initiatives.
- Support the branches as requested by supervisor.
- Develop strong understanding of industry, customer set, markets, branch operations, and overall Operations activities.
- Rotate through branch functions, corporate functions, and field functions to gain experience, knowledge, and proficiency in total Ram Tool business process.
- Complete operations training qualification plans for all applicable operations functions.
- Participate in project teams as necessary.
- Participate and potentially lead both operations and other functional projects.
Must be 21 years or older and have had a driver's license at least 5 years
Able to travel up to 50%
Must be able to relocate to ANY branch location upon successful completion of trainee program
0-3 years of management experience
Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field; experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Effective communication skills
Able to manage multiple teams, duties and managers
Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
Able to manage conflict
Able to create solutions consistent with the company's goals and core values
* Standard Drug screen, Driving Record and Background Checks will be performed.
RAM TOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER