Novolex™ employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day operation, leadership and management of the manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Plant Manager and regularly reports on plant performance.
Direct reports to this position include a salaried staff including but not limited to Production Managers, Supervisors and the Scheduling Manager. Indirect reports include all hourly employees at the plant.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Employee Safety and Safety Compliance
- Product quality and customer satisfaction with order fulfillment
- Productivity, budget management/cost management.
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and management methods to generate improved plant performance and workflow optimization and efficiencies
- Employee retention, training and team building
- Inventory and materials management
- Capital planning and implementation
- Assesses and manages the salaried staff and hourly employees within the plant
- A minimum of 5 years of production/operations management experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Well rounded operations management experience including a deep understanding and experience with operations tactics, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement, strategies and best practices and process discipline.
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Track record of excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to effectively set and communicate expectations & directives to manufacturing staff.
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify alternative solutions or approaches to complex problems.
- Must have demonstrated accountability at the plant management level and have a strong track record of successful execution.
- Demonstrated success as an innovative manufacturing leader.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage operations with excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at:www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer
#INDHP #CB #GD