Founded in 1979, McGrath RentCorp is a diversified business to business rental company that rents and sells relocatable modular buildings, storage containers, electronic test equipment, and liquid and solid containment tanks and boxes. We operate through five divisions: Mobile Modular, Mobile Modular Portable Storage, TRS-RenTelco, Adler Tanks, and Enviroplex.
McGrath RentCorp is headquartered in Livermore, CA with branch offices located throughout North America. We are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "MGRC."
Mobile Modular, a division of McGrath RentCorp, is a national leader in the rental of commercial modular buildings. Our products serve a wide variety of industries including education, construction, residential development, general industry, government, and transportation. The Company is well established with an excellent reputation and long track record of success. The culture is highly service oriented and has allowed successful penetration into new locations in recent years. The team is dedicated, committed, and will only accept the very best to join the ranks!
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager in our Livermore, CA facility.
This is a career opportunity for a leader with a solid work ethic, exceptional character and a dynamic personality.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Lead the operational efforts. Specific areas include logistics, customer service, contracts, billing, receiving, accounts payable, purchase orders, and project coordination.
- Able to understand and manage to a P&L. This is a leadership position that works as a triad with the Sales and Inventory Center Managers.
- Collaborate with our sales and production staff to best support our clients and our company. Develop relationships with key customers.
- Develop strategies and tactics for identifying and implementing “best practices” for the branch.
- Manage vendor base for on-site operations and implement policies and procedures designed to provide excellent service to our customer base and enhance our vendor partnerships.
- Mentor and train operations staff team members to be as productive as possible. Establish and implement programs to proactively grow operations staff both personally and professionally.
- Work with sales and production to help increase company market share in established and new market segments. Assist in developing new products and ancillary services to existing and new clients.
- Manage equipment purchasing process and assist with sales decisions to optimize rental fleet utilization.
- Develop strong relationships with manufacturers of modular buildings as well as with subcontractors for transportation, installation, and service in the marketplace. Standardize practices among our vendors and consistently improve our business processes.
- Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- 5 plus years’ experience in customer service or operations management or similar role
- High energy, flexible and able to execute in a fast paced, very diverse environment
- Capacity to lead and manage autonomously and as a team member
- Track record of hands-on success
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Effective project and time management skills
- Experience in utilizing financial metrics to manage costs
- Superior interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency in a Windows environment
- BS/BA/BBA degree a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.