JOB TITLE: Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA)
The Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) will be a WBB consultant who will provide a full range of Operations Research expertise. The individual will be involved with, and potentially lead, large teams providing multi-disciplinary support. Will also serve as an advisor to government personnel. Will work with senior government personnel on a regular basis, and may be called on to provide briefings and lead large meetings.Must be comfortable in a challenging, collaborative, multi-tasking, dynamic, high-tempo, deadline-intensive environment with a flexible work schedule supporting multiple customers. Applicants must also have excellent listening as well as oral and written communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide analytical support for a wide variety of multiple home site projects and customers from the Department of Defense, other U.S. Government Agencies, and private sector businesses.
- Conduct assessments to determine effectiveness of operations and application of capabilities
- Apply advanced quantitative-grounded application techniques (e.g., probability and statistics, optimization, etc.) to solve complex problems
- Conduct modeling and simulation
- Develop, administer and analyze surveys
- Identify, develop, and analyze measures and metrics
- Identify, visualize, and analyze data from a variety of sources using industry leading BI Applications.
- Support course of action analyses and operations planning
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Statistics
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of recent hands-on experience conducting operations analysis.
- Experience conducting analytics using R, Python, SAS, JMP, RapidMiner, or similar
- Experience using a modern general purpose programing language
- DOD SECRET clearance
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Statistics
- Experience with modern visualization applications such as Qlik, Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI
- TS/SCI eligibility
- Active duty military experience
- Major DOD staff experience developing OA/OR studies
- Operational DOD experience
- Prior experience working with OPNAV N81
- Cost Estimating Experience
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
KEY WORDS: Operations Analysis, OA, Operations Research, OR, Modeling & Simulation, Data Mining, Metrics, Statistical Analysis, Cost Estimating
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customerâ€™s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companyâ€™s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.