Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Piping, compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors, cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment, process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines, pumps and associated equipment at an LNG facility.
- Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, compressors, pumps, seals, valves and instruments.
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, centrifugal pumps, cryogenic compressors and reciprocating engines.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and storage areas, including but not limited to excavating, repairing, coating and backfilling excavations, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (e.g., industrial carry deck crane, backhoe, water pumps, air compressors, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.)
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Demonstrate safe work practices with product (gas & liquid) handling techniques/procedures.
- Ability to work alone safely and accomplish routine 'covered tasks' with oversight from a qualified employee.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
Experience / knowledge and/or familiarity:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device.
- Detailed knowledge of compressor or pump station, terminal, process plant, gas treatment, storage facilities, gathering and transmission pipeline systems operations
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high and low pressure systems
- Experience analyzing, adjusting, and making minor repairs on compressor engines, pumps and other associated equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs, and other diagrams
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements.
- Must meet the criteria to maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) as required by USCG/DHS regulations.
- May be required to possess a commercial driver's license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Completion of any site specific technical training (TPC Training Program, locally developed training program(s)
- Completion of DOT OQ Qualification
- Review appropriate O&M Procedures
Job level commensurate with experience and skill set
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Project/Construction/Commissioning and Normal Operation phase responsibilities.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.