Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for an Operations Team Leader position with a producer of advanced fuel nozzles and related products for current and future commercial engine platforms, including aerospace and aero-derivative engines. Our client’s highly skilled and experienced team of employees is expert in design, assembly, testing, and aftermarket support, providing their customers with a world-class product and support experience.
As the Operations Team Leader, you will be responsible for team leadership, projects and resources of an operations area that includes more than one area of specialization or performs a centralized function. Typically, a mid-management level at a medium to small division over multiple functions, or maybe a single function that requires significant staffing and coordination at a large division. Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervise a team of approximately 20-50 direct reports.
- Conduct performance evaluations, provide coaching and counseling and maintain accurate scheduling and attendance of assigned personnel.
- Responsible for driving the team to meet and exceed team metrics of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Promote and support a high-performance team environment through leadership and problem solving.
- Assess the need for equipment replacements and establish replacement programs when due.
- Estimate maintenance costs and evaluate alternatives.
- Provide analysis of repetitive equipment failures.
- Assess required maintenance tools and skills required for efficient maintenance of equipment and upkeep of the building and property.
- Assess and report safety hazards associated with maintenance of equipment.
Location: Clyde, NY
Shift: 6am-3pm, M-F
Benefits: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, 401K with up to 6% company contribution, Education Reimbursement, Vacation, Floating Holidays, onsite fitness center and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or a related business discipline.
- At least four years of leadership/management experience.
- Strong communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledgeable in a combination of maintenance standards, engineering and project standards, Process Safety Management, environmental compliance standards, Quality Process Management, Management of Change, budget preparation, and cost control.