RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Operations Tech II (24X7) in Herndon, Virginia (VA).
The Operations Tech II will work in a challenging, hands-on environment supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD) and other specialized customers in support of National Cyber Protection System (NCPS) initiatives.
This position supports DHS in providing operations and logistics to migrate Government civilian (.gov) internet services to a custom aggregation service. The candidate will be responsible for ordering, implementation, and repair support of DHS custom data services, and must communicate effectively with peers, client centers, and customers. This will require hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls in a Hosting and office environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Network Installs
- Provide after-hours support on an on-call basis, as required
- Must perform work with minimal supervision
- Work with Engineers to support new capabilities and maintenance windows
- Environment lab and production
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical customer deadlines
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the communications, networking and/or security fields
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Networking experience (Break/Fix, Troubleshooting, Monitoring)
- Routing experience (Prefer Juniper/Will take Cisco)
- Server experience (Managing of Multiple Operating Systems)
- Experience with Juniper and or Cisco equipment, knowledgeable in BGP routing, IPSec, and VLANS
- Understand and research technical issues through vendor documentation
- Routing Protocol (BGP)
- Outlook, MS Office application suite, internal ticketing systems, and circuit topology and testing tools
- Documentation skills (CONOPS)
- Inventory management (Remedy and Solar Winds)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
- Ability to follow MOP, anticipate problems, and proactively take corrective action
- Prefers hands on candidates with the ability to learn
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to complete new projects in addition to routine daily job assignments
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.