TCI has an immediate need for an Oracle Database Administrator in Fort Knox, KY. Candidate must be onsite. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a Secret Security Clearance.
The Oracle Database Administrator provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Creation, maintenance, and monitoring of Oracle databases, in both a development and a production environment.
- Production deployments of the application, COTS tools, and database changes. This will require support in creating the deployment plans and installation instructions, along with process documentation.
- Extensive work in a UNIX environment.
- Development of SQL queries for use in Ad Hoc Reports, analysis of data quality, and data manipulation within an Oracle database.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Oracle in a Sun Solaris environment.
- PLSQL experience – 2+ years is preferred.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Strong data analytical skills and experience with the ability to communicate is a must.
- Extensive experience of UNIX, Shell scripting, stored procedures, and relational databases is critical.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and work independently with minimum management oversight.
- Must possess high energy and have a strong motivation to make a difference.
- The work is fast paced with changing priorities. Task switching without loss of productivity is a must. Completion of assigned tasks is expected without constant review.
- Comptia S+ required.
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance.