RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is immediately adding a full time Oracle Database Administrator to our team in support of our enterprise technology solutions client in San Diego, California (CA).
This Database Administrator will join an experienced and customer driven operations team that manages, maintains and enhances production, development, and test database systems in a 24x7 mission critical environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter Oracle Database Administrator professional with the ability to lead and manage high profile project implementations. The desired candidate must have excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills. In addition, this individual will be expected to perform at an extremely high level with little learning curve and must thrive under pressure while enjoying working in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide all levels of operational database support including off-hours on a rotating basis
- Discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with customers, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate; From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver on time and budget
- Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization
- Works collaboratively with other teams including Project Managers, Developers, and Architects to ensure project success
- Work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and/or reports/documentation for delivery
- A Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related area of study; Without a degree, four additional years of relevant professional experience (10+ years in total)
- 6+ years of professional Oracle DBA support for Oracle versions 11g or higher
- Experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of the Oracle Database including documenting all custom settings and configurations necessary for proper operations
- Well versed monitoring databases utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager and custom scripts
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models including RMAN, hot and cold backups
- Experience setting up and configuring Oracle 11g/12c ASM, Oracle RAC, Grid Control, and Partitioning
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Database lock, space management, export and import of the database, performance tuning at DB and apps level
- SQL and relational DBMS knowledge, including data modeling and ERD
- Able to work with leadership to research, define, interpret, and analyze complex, unstructured technical database problems and recommend solutions, and implement them
- Must have good troubleshooting skills
- Extensive PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting skills
- DBA support in WINTEL, UNIX, HP-UX, and Linux operating environments
- Excellent professionalism, communication, and interpersonal skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.