Summit Technologies is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator with MUST HAVE/REQUIRED SKILLS: EBS or E-Business Suite - installing, configuring, tuning and managing EBS and OEM or Oracle Enterprise Manager - Release 13c experience including installing, configuring,tuning and managing users for our federal client. In this role you will provide operational support for Oracle EBS 12.1.3 running on Oracle 11.2 database and Solaris 10 as well as take primary role in upgrading/migrating EBS 12.1.3 environments on Database 188.8.131.52 and Solaris 10 to Database 184.108.40.206 on Solaris 11. You must be a US Citizen or permanent US Resident as this is a government position requiring a Public Trust clearance. This role is on site in Austin, Texas with the ability to telecommute 3 days a week or work 100% remotely with up to 8 weeks of on-site on-boarding.
- Provide operational support Oracle EBS 12.1.3 running on Oracle 11.2 database and Solaris 10.
- Take primary role in upgrading/migrating EBS 12.1.3 environments on Database 220.127.116.11 and Solaris 10 to Database 18.104.22.168 on Solaris 11.
- Install, configure, administer, monitor, tune, troubleshoot, upgrade, patch, and clone Oracle EBS applications.
- Develop, maintain, perform, and test backup and recovery procedures.
- Provide proactive performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Administer and maintain security policies and procedures.
- Monitor and tune Oracle EBS and database tiers to optimize stability and performance.
- Upgrade and patch all Oracle EBS tech stack components, including database, concurrent processing and admin tiers. Apply database PSU patches and EBS patches with OPATCH utility.
- Develop and implement the technical procedures, standards and security for Oracle EBS and database tiers.
- Manage concurrent managers in Oracle EBS including scheduling, tuning, debugging and monitoring.
- Manage and troubleshoot Oracle EBS security and performance issues with interfaces and other internal systems such as Oracle Retail.
- Manage Applications SYSADMIN tasks such as adding printers, changing profiles, and resetting passwords.
- Support application developers and interact with infrastructure teams.
- Write/edit shell scripts for backup/recovery and maintenance tasks such as coalescing indexes and updating database statistics.
- Coordinate EBS and database administration duties with system and network administrators to ensure compatibility with hardware and operating systems configurations.
- Diagnose and correct problems that occur within databases and application interfaces.
- Analyze EBS and database infrastructure to ensure compliance with VA security standards and database performance considerations.
- Develop schedules and plans, communicate progress to management in both verbal and written formats, identify barriers and identify and evaluate alternatives.
- Develop and submit EBS and database configuration change management plans for approval.
- Perform capacity planning to maintain the EBS system, working closely with applications and system administration staff to account for all performance and scalability requirements to predict trends for hardware usage and user load.
- Perform database reorganizations to improve performance and ensure maximum database uptime.
- Develop and maintain EBS documentation on data standards, procedures, security, high availability, disaster recovery, backup and recovery, storage, and archiving procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- EBS or E-Business Suite - installing, configuring, tuning and managing EBS and OEM or Oracle Enterprise Manager - Release 13c experience including installing, configuring,tuning and managing users
- Have prior experience with R12.1.3 upgrade and migrations and make recommendations for EBS and database migration paths to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Ability to install, configure, administer, monitor, tune, troubleshoot, upgrade, patch, and clone Oracle
- Manage and troubleshoot performance issues with interfaces and other internal systems such as Oracle Retail and Finance.
- Possess strong knowledge of EBS applications architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to maintain documentation, performance tuning, capacity planning, write shell scripts, backup and recovery, support application developers, monitor and tune, upgrade and patch Oracle databases
DESIRED Skills: (Specific to the actual work to be performed)
Desired Additional Skills and/or Certifications:
- Identify solutions to meet gaps between existing Oracle architecture and business requirements
- Evaluate new EBS trends and technologies and provide best practices and recommendations
OEM Cloud Control
- Install and configure VA-licensed Management Packs including Database Lifecycle Management Pack and WebLogic Suite Management Pack
- Implement Data Guard physical standby for OEM Repository database
- Add a second OMS server and configure behind an F5 Big-IP load balancer for high availability and scalability
Minimum Education Required:
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required and 5 years experience OR 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply or forward the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org place "5472" in the email subject line:
- Updated resume in Word format including MM/YYYY for each employer
- Best times and ways to reach you (email address and phone numbers)
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits)
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best matching prospects, and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.