RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is immediately adding a full time Oracle Database Administrators to our team in support of our enterprise technology solutions client in Herndon, Virginia (VA). Our client is an end-to-end services company providing information technology and consulting services to businesses and governments.
The client is seeking an Oracle Database Administrators with Oracle experience to support more than 200 applications using widely diverse platforms/infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Database maintenance including monitoring and maintenance tasks (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Familiarity with architecture, both logical and physical design
- Design and build new database structures
- Ability to perform backup and recovery tasks
- Experience with applying patches and upgrading database versions
- Hands-on ability with installation and building database structures
- Proficiency developing and maintaining shell scripts as well as programming in PL/SQL
- Experience with queries and performance tuning
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to clearly communicate both business and technical terms and information/requirements/instructions to a wide variety of audiences (face-to-face, teleconference, phone and email)
- Proven experience defining requirements and specifications for customizations associated with Oracle forms, reports and interfaces
- Proficiency in RAC, Data Guard, and ASM
- Familiarity with RMAN
- Oracle certification
- Proven ability to develop and maintain documentation
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.