Join the leader in engineered Heavy Lift and Transport!
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety
SETTING IDEAS IN MOTION - At Barnhart we are in the business of assisting companies in moving and installing equipment of any size. Whether it's a lift of a few feet or a transport across the country, we set your vision in motion through an unparalleled network of resources and innovative engineering solutions that defy convention. If you can dream it, Barnhart can make it a reality.
Over 40 BRANCHES ACROSS THE U.S - The strongest network of rigging experts and equipment in the country. Barnhart's network includes a long list of "cool tools," including PSTe Goldhofer trailers, cranes from 18 to 1,800 tons, Strand-jacks, Cantilever beams, Hydraulic Gantries, Self-tailing devices, Skidding Systems, and the Modular Lift
Employer of Choice – Barnhart has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. We strive to do the impossible lifting and transporting as “One TEAM”. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
Crane operators needed for the Palo Verde outage starting October 6th to November 23rd (completion date subject to change based on schedule).
- 6 days a week
- 12 hours a day
- Overtime will be paid per Barnhart’s policy
In support of this work a training week is scheduled at the station September 3rd at Palo Verde and the Phoenix BCR location.
- Reports to branch manager, and or branch dispatcher
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers
- Shows commitment to BCR safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Assembles and installs supporting structures, rigging, hoist and pulling gear
- Attaches load to rigging to provide support or prepare for moving using hand and power tools
- Connects pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures with bolts, shackles and clamps
- Cleans and dresses machine and surfaces of component parts
- Controls movements of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces
- Dismantles, maintains and stores rigging equipment
- Manipulates rigging lines and hoist to move or support materials, steel, concrete etc.
- Selects gear, shackles and cables according to load size, facilities and work schedule
- Signals or gives verbal directions to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Tests rigging to insure safety and reliability before engaging in hoisting or lifting
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Ability to respectfully confront people when needed and lead through example
- Must have ability to obtain unescorted access to Nuclear Power Plant
- One year experience as crane (or comparable equipment) operator
- Communication Skills
- Must have excellent mechanical reasoning
- Good perception of math applications, weights, measurement, and balance
- Must be flexible with your schedule, able to travel and able to work overtime
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty assessment and background check
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must have rigging experience
- CDL - CLASS A OR B