A CAREER AS A MALIN SALES ASSOCIATE...
Malin is looking for driven sales professionals that know how to prospect and close. Malin is guided by our principles of performance, value-creation and customer satisfaction. Our Sales Associates are responsible for new business prospecting and closing within their designated territory, with the primary goal being to seek new business relationships and close profitable sales while maintaining Malin's reputation, integrity and customer-first approach.
* Identify all prospects in assigned territory and evaluate the potential and resources needed to develop for core market equipment.
* Prioritize all prospects with regard to volume, profitability and time to convert or establish.
* Develop sales plan which details strategy, tactics, required support and timetable for attainment of sales objectives to include revenue targets.
* Implement sales plan by contacting potential Malin customers and selling core equipment and related equipment and/or services.
* Provide sales manager with competitor information as it becomes known along with practical recommendations relating to increasing market share in the assigned territory.
* Develop thorough product knowledge and conduct equipment demonstrations as a way of augmenting the sales effort in assigned territory.
* Provide regular and ad hoc reports to management.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Stays knowledgeable within industry, market and business updates and changes.
* Enter all territory sales contact information into CRM system on a weekly basis.
* Submit expense reports on a biweekly basis in accordance with company policy.
* Support the development of department and corporate sales and marketing plans as necessary.
* Follow-up with customers after delivery to ensure satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
* Three or more years of experience in direct full-cycle sales, preferably in industrial, heavy equipment or material handling industry
* Experience with CRM tool and Microsoft Office programs -- Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Bachelor's degree preferred; professional experience in lieu of education will be considered
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Excellent time-management and phone skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong email and computer skills
* Stable and successful career background
* Strong and ethical performance history
* Coachable and competitive spirit
* Ability to earn client trust with outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills
* Desire and dedication for a long term professional career
* Willingness to travel occasionally (1 to 3 times per year, limited overnight travel if any)
Language & Communication Skills
* Ability to read and interpret customer communications, sales reports, and common documents;
* Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community;
* Ability to develop sales presentations via phone or in person that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to customers, top management and peers.
Reasoning Ability & Mathematical Skills
Ability to apply general scientific and business mathematical techniques for conveying product knowledge and pricing negotiation. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
* The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* The associate is required to use hands to type, handle, or feel objects, tools and computer controls.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Malin is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity