Leff Electric is hiring an Outside Sales National Account Representative.
The role executes in a consultative selling style, and cross-sells various solutions and technologies into the facilities/construction industry, with the backing of exceptional sales tools, training, and internal project management support. In addition, the position inherits an established account package / base of business to further develop and grow.
- Actively support the company’s culture and business mission by always putting Leff Electric’s people and its customers first
- Mine existing clients for new growth opportunities and for referral business
- Develop and execute a prospecting strategy to target new clients such as new construction, MRO opportunities, retail, hospitality industry, and property management.
- Operate as the primary business contact for assigned national account customers.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with manufacturers, reps/agents, and end users
- Reach or exceed assigned sales goals and profitability targets
- Implement consultative sales strategies to increase close rate
- Connect customers' business needs with Leff Electric products and services
- Cross-sell other Leff Electric solutions to existing clients
- Extend network in person and via phone with key decision makers in a designated territory
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned
- 5+ years of end user focused account management experience in the C&I Channel. Retail channel preferred
- Must understand the electrical and lighting industry
- An understanding of utility energy programs and partnerships
- Experience in leveraging utility programs, lighting maintenance contractors,Energy Services Companies (ESCOs)
- Proficient in MS Office, and data base analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to sell at all levels of management within the organization
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Punctual, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES (SKAs):
- Must have the ability to interpret construction documents
- Must possess highly developed business acumen to skillfully resolve customer issues
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of customer and internal organization
- Entrepreneurial mind set is a plus
- The ability to prioritize and respond quickly is a key to success
- Working both independently and with the entire organization is paramount for growth
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Lighting education with knowledge of LED Lighting and Controls (LC, manufacturer training, etc.) highly preferred
- Must be available to travel for customer visits, sales events, industry events and trade shows
- Position requires frequent talking, hearing, and vision with occasional standing, walking and reaching
- May require lifting up to 10 lbs