ResourceTek is the Human Capital subsidiary of an ENR ranked, multi-discipline Engineering firm providing technical services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Construction, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines. We are currently seeking an Owners Construction Field Representative to support a multi-million-dollar industrial construction upgrade project for our client, a leading manufacturer of rolled aluminum products. The candidate will work directly with our client's construction project management team and vendors to provide leadership and administration for an estimated 18-month assignment. In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Oversee all construction project activities in an Owner's Rep/Construction Manager capacity.
- Responsible for administering all site related duties; project safety, scope of work, schedule, cost estimate, cost reports, project staffing, project team performance, construction, invoicing and quality plan
- Plans, directs and documents construction vendor assignments and activities on the project.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct diverse team of vendors and internal personnel
- Experience managing multi-million dollar industrial construction projects from an Owners perspective required
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the industrial construction field.
- Management of multi-discipline projects from civil site to MEP to commissioning preferred
- Previous experience in the aluminum, steel or metals industry preferred
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes.
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Manage projects from specification to installation on behalf of the client-owner.
- Projects will include modifications to existing equipment to specification and the installation of new manufacturing equipment.
- Previous experience in the management of heavy industrial equipment projects including pneumatics, hydraulics, gearboxes, motors, shafts, heat transfer, drive systems, etc is required.
- Prior Project Management experience in the design and relocation of equipment for metal forming and/or other heavy equipment is beneficial.
- Basic skills of understanding layouts and some construction knowledge to be able to pilot and guide subcontractors on the building of equipment and facilities
- Ability to manage steering committees in meetings to communicate advancement of projects
- Ability to follow up with the advancement of projects in the field and manage the budget of a project closely
- Candidates with experience working in engineering companies or similar industries such as manufacturing facilities are encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Strong in organizing and managing complex construction activities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, thorough documentation skills
- Engineering or BS degree in Construction Management desired; Equivalent experience in the industrial construction field will be considered
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience performing construction activities on heavy industrial facilities (Aluminum or heavy metals preferred)
- Familiar with US construction codes and standards
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and MS Project, Primavera P6 or similar
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer