JRI, in partnership with the Department of Youth Services, is currently looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) kitchen workers. We are in need of one person to work on Wed, Th, Fri, 3PM to 7PM and Saturday, 10AM to 6PM. To qualify for this position you must have a current driver's license and a clean driving history.
· Responsible for the preparation, distribution and handling of meals
· Responsible for the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen, dining room, and all food storage areas.
· Performs all duties essential for the efficient functioning and maintenance of a food serviceoperation, while maintaining a safe and secure environment.
· Interacts with residents, families, co-workers and supervisors in a respectful manner; provide humane treatment and assure dignity for all residents.
· Ensure the safety and security of the kitchen, dining room, and food storage areas as well as all related equipment.
· Adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the program and ensure that unit schedules are observed.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism by exhibiting pride and knowledge in performance.
· Follows all JRI and DYS Program Policies and Procedures
· Other related Job duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Food Service Workers General Working Conditions
· Exposure to Extreme Temperatures, slippery floors, and sharp equipment
· Work varied shifts such as weekends, holidays and nights
· Lift and carry heavy objects
· Stand for prolonged periods of time
· Must be at least 21 yrs old
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED
· Complete a background check
· Professional experience with preparing, serving, storing of meals and kitchen sanitation