Hagerty Consulting (www.hagertyconsulting.com) is one of the nation’s leading emergency management and homeland security consulting firms. Known for its public spirit, innovative thinking, problem solving, and exceptional people, Hagerty is sought after to work on some of the largest, most complex, crisis and emergency management issues. Our services are focused on creating more resilient/sustainable jurisdictions, developing whole community operational plans, supporting recovery eligibility after disasters, and obtaining billion-dollar federal loans and grants.
Hagerty is seeking several professionals specializing in "Cat B" FEMA Public Assistance work. These individuals will support a variety of grant management work throughout the country on an on-site and remote basis (flexibility of travel preferred), including medical-related projects.
- Documenting costs associated with disasters and developing a scope of work to effectively recover funds through federal channels.
- Interaction with hospital finance professionals, site inspectors, program managers, support teams, and clients to properly advocate for grant applicants.
- Authoring of FEMA Project Worksheets and all other grant related correspondence.
- 5+ years of FEMA Public Assistance experience (Public or Private Sector) in a role directly related to Public Assistance Grants Management.
- Prior experience on PA Category B focused projects is required (Emergency Protective Measures).
- Experience developing detailed scopes of work and authoring project work sheets is required.
- Working knowledge of FEMA PA Laws, Regulations, and Policy
- Bachelors degree is required, but 4 years of professional experience in lieu of degree will be accepted.
- Strong technology skills are desired, including advanced excel skills, familiarity with tableau, etc.
- Accounting and finance experience is a plus.
- Prior experience at a management consulting firm is a plus.
- Masters Degree in Disaster Recovery, Urban Planning, or Emergency Management is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in cost recovery for hospitals would be helpful, bus is not required at all.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled