Title: Business Systems Consultant
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Type: Contract Job Description:
Our client, a leading financial institution, seeks a Business Systems Consultant who is recognized as an expert and visionary in providing strategic business solutions to enterprise-wide technology initiatives. ------------------------------------------------------------------- The responsibilities include the following:
• Participate in defining the business objectives and ultimate vision of how PCI compliance will be achieved for Data Tech applications.
• Work with stakeholders to select appropriate end-user representatives, Data Tech application SMEs, etc. to enlist their participation, and negotiate their responsibilities.
• Employ information-gathering techniques to articulate requirements.
• Analyze requirements to ascertain and improve weak, vague or conflicting requirements.
• Document and organize requirements to clearly express the shared understanding of the problem.
• Ensure that the requirements and the proposed solution applies to all of teams uniformly and consistently.
• Determine when it is helpful to represent requirements using methods other than text; for example, a data flow diagram or a decision tree diagram.
• Validate that the requirements possess all the desired characteristics and will satisfy user needs.
• Facilitate collaboration and negotiation between the various stakeholders to ensure that they make sensible priority decisions.
• Establish the requirements baseline and then manage those requirements and verify their satisfaction in the product. Follow the project’s change control process.
• Act as a liaison to developers and testers to ensure that all requirements are addressed.
• Act as a liaison to other project teams (such as those from LOB remediation efforts, inter-dependent projects with scope overlap with PCI compliance effort) to ensure that impacts to Data Tech teams are identified and analyzed; attend requirements and design sessions representing Data Tech interests.
• Provide leadership for detailed requirements elaboration and analysis by the individual Data Tech application teams.
• Support Data Tech PCI compliance effort by being the subject matter expert for the PCI compliance requirements; support the various Data Tech application teams in their compliance efforts. Qualifications:
• 10+ years of experience in business systems analysis and/or design.
• A Business Analyst is needed to support the Data Tech team for the PCI project.
• This resource is needed to describe / translate the direction from the PCI to requirements for the Data Tech team.
• This person will need to consult with subject matter experts from the various in-scope Data Tech applications.
• The BSC role will also need to interact with teams from other projects (such as LOB remediation efforts, other projects that overlap with PCI compliance scope, etc.) to ensure that we are looking at the requirements and solution comprehensively.