Job Number: 226486
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: Contract to hire
Seeking an Application Developer to be a key contributor to the integration, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and production support a COT customization project.
* Provide full life-cycle development including design, development, testing and implementation of projects that support business goals.
* Take ownership of projects/tasks/issues and work them through completion.
* Develop and maintain comprehensive architecture and integration documentation.
* Participate in code reviews to ensure processes support existing architecture, follow defined guidelines and coding standards and meet user requirements.
* Monitor production applications, supporting applications and integrated web services via production monitoring solutions.
* Identify process improvements and enhancements to existing business and IT processes that will increase operating efficiencies.
* Collaborate with end users and provide exceptional customer service by becoming a trusted business advisor.
Required skills and experience:
* 5+ years of progressive systems development experience utilizing a full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* 5+ years of experience with PHP development and associated tools
* Ability to work with COTS low-code development platforms and environments
* Experience with CRM platforms
* Experience with relational database design and development using MySQL and MS SQL Server
* Experience with creating and consuming RESTful API services
* Proven experience diagnosing and resolving problems
* Experience leading others in the development and deployment of mid-to-large size projects
* Familiarity with MVC development models
* Familiarity with testing methodologies and tools
* Familiarity with OpenShift / Docker
* Windows and Linux experience
* SVN and Git Experience
* Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
* Experience working on agile self-organized, cross-functional teams.
* Familiar with agile principles, processes, and methods such as iterative and incremental development, continuous integration, test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, code refactoring, pair programming, and Scrum ceremonies.
* Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
* Strong documentation skills
* Team player, flexible/adaptable, responsible and accountable
* Strong problem solving and service delivery skills, particularly in the presentation and education of technological issues and solutions
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Efficient problem identification and resolution skills
* Value added mentality
* Demonstration of careful attention to detail
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Technology or 5-7 years of equivalent experience
*** Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.***
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.