Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Corporate Loss Prevention/Safety Manager - Operations; is responsible for coordination, evaluation and recommendation/input of modifications to all physical security programs in designated NEXCOM HQ and NEX locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the physical security of NEXCOM Headquarters facilities (Main, Annex, CAC East, CD-1, Little Creek, San Diego 8th Street). Serves as the Key Control Officer [KCO] for NEXCOM HQ Locations. Issues and inquiries from San Diego 8th Street will be handled by phone and email. May require overnight travel as needed.
- Responsible for developing standard policies and procedures to supplement the DoD Physical Security Program requirements to ensure continued protection of DoD Personnel, Information, and Assets. Maintains building key and combination control.
- Supports physical security program with operational security, law enforcement, information security, personnel security, counterintelligence and antiterrorism programs to provide an integrated and coherent security effort.
- Oversees the day-to-day physical perimeter security as well as internal security of the NEXCOM HQ facilities. This encompasses patron/employee entrances/exits, patron/employee parking areas, shipping/receiving, and fire/emergency exits.
- Serves as Alternate Contracting Officer Representative (ACOR) to Contract Security Guard Services and CCTV/Alarm companies to ensure that NEXCOM assets are protected at all times; all visitors to NEXCOM are identified and signed in, development of post orders, guard rounds, after hour physical security and other related duties as indicated.
- Serves as Administrator/Operator for Emergency Notification System (ENS).
- Responsible for burglar/hold up alarm systems in designated NEXCOM HQ locations. Ensures alarm systems function as designed and any problems are brought to the attention of the contracted company/facility for correction.
- Coordinates utilization, recommendation of appropriate placement and ensures proper working order of CCTV Systems. Prepares reports of discrepancies, deficiencies and makes recommendations for improvement and/or changes.
- Assists the Corporate LP/S Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of installed security systems, develops physical security standardization programs for the NES to include the procurement of all physical security equipment such as alarms, locks, safes, Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS), CCTV, etc.
- Partners with NEXCOM Anti-Terrorism Officer (ATO) to ensure compliance with all Force Protection Condition [FPCON] attainments and AT/FP requirements maintains liaison with Regional Commands, representing NEXCOM at AT/FP and Security Meetings as required, gives recommendations and guidance to NEX Field Locations as needed.
- Assists with the physical security systems maintenance contracts; responsible for repair and cost efficiency.
- Assists with Civil Demand Program in Loss Prevention Case Management System (APIS),ensuring civil demand letters are mailed in a timely manner, payments are properly credited and/or deposited into Civil Demand account and expenditures are properly processed and documented. Responds to written correspondence, and phone calls regarding demands/payments.
- Utilizes Lawson Portal for Loss Prevention department inquiries and processes, Invoicing for the department and field accounts and Requisitions (Purchase Orders) through the Lawson Procurement System.
- Top Secret Clearance is required and must be maintained.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience gained in the physical security or loss prevention fields, which enabled the applicant to gain skill in dealing with others in person to person work relationships, and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for nine (9) months of experience, up to a maximum of a four year bachelor's degree for three years of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in retail loss prevention which involved analytical, planning, advisory, operational, or evaluative work in security/investigations, internal review and control techniques, reducing and controlling inventory shrink, physical security programs, alarm and CCTV systems and adherence to DoD Anti-Terrorism and Force Protection programs.
Upon selection, incumbent must acquire and maintain a top secret security clearance throughout employment in this position. Failure to obtain/maintain an appropriate level of security clearance will result in termination.