Florida Orthopaedic Institute
NURSE PRACTITIONER (2 openings) responsible overseeing the daily operations of our new Brandon Orthopaedic Urgent Care clinic, assessing and treating patients with urgent orthopaedic injuries.
Daytime provider hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm
Evening/Saturday provider hours: Monday 1pm to 8pm, Tuesday through Thursday 3pm to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 3pm
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will assess, plan and provide direct patient care in both clinical and surgical settings. Performing comprehensive physical examinations, compile patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination, assist in surgery and perform hospital rounds.
- Assisting supervising physician in the office, hospital and surgical settings.
- Obtaining detailed medical histories, performing comprehensive physical examinations and providing direct patient care to a specified patient population.
- Writing routine admission, pre-operative and post-operative orders.
- Making daily rounds and post-operative follow-ups on hospitalized patients.
- Perform hospital and emergency department consultations.
- Performing patient evaluations and initiating treatment after consultation with attending physician.
- Applying and removing casts, splints and traction.
- Writing discharge orders and dictating discharge summaries for review and countersignature by attending physician.
- Notifies supervising physician or attending physician on call regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and support staff within the office.
- Writes and dictates progress notes on patients' charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required.
- Provides health education to patients and families.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May perform clinical research.
- Assure compliance with all company plans, policies and procedures set forth by the Florida Orthopaedic Institute
- graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
- currently certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant or
- ARNP's must show proof of national advanced practice certification from an approved nursing specialty board.
- currently licensed by the State of Florida.
- minimum of 2 years of clinical and surgical first assist experience.