Platform Security architect
System Soft Technologies is seeking an experienced Platform Security Architect to join our Data & Analytics services team. As a Security Architect, in a position of technical leadership, you will have an immediate impact on the team and platform that collects, stores, processes, and analyzes the data that drives the core of our client business relationships. An ideal candidate is hands-on, with 5+ years of in-depth Big Data Solution experience building and maintaining scalable on-premises and Cloud-based end-to-end solutions configuring all the components to meet the client security requirements
Our Data & Analytics Practice creates solutions that cover the entire lifecycle of information utilization, from ideation through implementation. At the outset, we offer consulting and development services to help our clients define their strategy and solutions architecture. Then, our teams deliver and manage data warehousing, business analytics, and reporting applications that provide tangible business benefits.
Our microservice-based infrastructure includes tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Nifi, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka. We build accelerators—solutions on a vendor-agnostic technology stack—Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Aws, Azure. This means you can design, develop and deploy your own services with little or no delay. Test-driven development, continuous deployment, pair programming, and a supportive environment are key priorities. Our capable and versatile team takes pride in ownership and our engineers are involved right from the start in the architecture and design process.
- Perform security architecture design and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications for SSTech clients
- Ability to lead enterprise-level architectural discussions and drive the team toward consensus.
- Strong architecture & development skills across the full breadth both HDP and HDF platforms.
- Provide general troubleshooting of HDP and HDF related issues.
- Analyze latest Big Data analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings; bring these insights and best practice
- Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business and executive leaders
- Lead large and varied technical and project teams
- Assist with scoping, pricing, architecting, and selling large project engagements
- HDP Security Review and Configuration – Development Environment, Production Environments
- Security configuration
- Configure Kerberos, using KDC
- LDAP design and integration with Hadoop
- Ranger Configuration
- Review data at rest encryptions requirements and provide Hortonworks recommendation
- Centralized and Secure API
- Atlas review and configuration
- HDF Use-Case Best Practices & Recommendation
- Review and update/configure HDF stack security policies (Schema registry, SAM, Nifi, Kafka, Storm)
- Review Hortonworks best practices for flow development, test and promotion to production
- Perform Knowledge transfer and hand-off
- On-premises Big Data platforms such as Cloudera, Hortonworks – HDP, HDF
- In-depth understanding of HDP, HDF stack and implementation for different use cases on both Development and Production clusters
- Experience in migrating the Big Data platform from one distribution to other
- 10+ years of engineering and/or software development experience and demonstrable architecture experience in a large organization
- 5 years of experience of architecture support combined of these environments: warehouse, DataMart, business intelligence, Big Data
- 5 years of consulting experience desired
- Hands-on experience in Big Data components/frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Scala, Kafka, PyScripts, Unix Shell scripts
- Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex big data projects
- History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting Big Data technologies
Working experience in professional services team serving Fortune 1000 clients in Big Data solutions
Please forward your resume and rate expectations referring job ID: SST-KVV-0705 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keerti V. Vanam
System Soft Technologies
2551 Dulles View Drive, Ste#350,Herndon, VA 20171
Ph: 703-870-7407 x410 Fax: 703-870-7467