PLUMBING & HEATING INSTRUCTOR - Anticipated Opening- PATHS Job ID: 812
TEACHERS-CAREER AND TECHNICAL CLASSROOM/PLUMBING
Portland Arts and Technology High School
Demonstrate and teach Plumbing, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (P/HVAC) in classroom and laboratory (shop) settings with professional P/HVAC equipment and tools and instruct students in safety, blueprint reading, estimation, P/HVAC theory, National Plumbing Code, application, diagnosis, and repair. Prepare students for plumbing apprenticeships. Also, the teacher will be expected to be involved in a career & technical student organization, continuous school improvement activities, program advisory committee meetings, and pro-active professional development workshops and seminars..
* Valid appropriate Maine Career & Technical (CTE) Certificate preferred.
* PATHS provides new hires with the support needed to obtain the necessary Maine CTE teaching certification.
* Possess a Master Plumber and NORA Silver Heating Technician licenses or six years of licensed plumbing and heating work experience.
* Two-year college or equivalent preferred
* NCCER and OSHA Construction Safety certifications preferred.
* Applicant must be able to select, inventory, install, operate, and maintain all tools and equipment specific to curriculum being taught.
* Knowledge of CTE programming helpful.
* Maine State fingerprint (CHRC) authorization. Website: http://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting/index.html
* Maine State Career and Technical Plumbing 847 (9-12) certificate. Website: http://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/initial/application/index.html
To apply please click on the APPLY button below.