Title: PMO Analyst
Client: Large Global
Location: Westport, CT 06880
The Programme Management Office is the information hub for projects and programmes within the portfolio and involves tracking/reporting, assurance/quality control, information management, financial tracking, risk/issue tracking, change control, support and knowledge management/learning from experience.
Overall Purpose of Role:
The role of Programme Management Office Analyst is to support the Programme Management Office Team including: tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programme level risk and issue co-ordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Programme level workshops.
Additional responsibilities include assisting the Project Manager with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, assisting Project Managers on large projects, contributing to Quality Reviews, and co-ordinating activities in support of quality objectives.
At times the PMO Analyst may be asked to provide project support, when this is the case this will include, amongst other things, ensuring project plans and project documentation are complete and up-to-date, provide regular project status updates, help acquire the necessary resources and skills, and contribute to the delivery of business systems to meet identified business requirements.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for supporting the Programme Management Office Team include:
- Governance & Control
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Manage programme level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository
- Manage the programme level risks and issues register
- Carry out assurance review processes as required by the PMO Manager
- Liaise with staff in other regions so that standards are implemented consistently across the Finance Transformation Programme
Planning, Reporting & Control
- Work with the PMO manager to develop the IT Project Standards guide, seeking contributions from Project Managers, QA Team, Development Team and Service Implementation Lead to ensure that the Standards meet best practice
- Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting recommendations and presenting them
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers – use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio
- Update and administer the programme plan as required using reports from Project Managers and the outcomes of project and board level meetings and workshops
- Manage communications from the PMO mailbox including regular reporting cycle requests.
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review
- Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports.
- Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
- Implement the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
- Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects
- Co-ordination of publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management deliverables
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to the Project Board and all stakeholders
- Co-ordinating quality activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the project
- Monitoring projects against time, budget and quality standards.
- Lead by example by taking care of the health and safety of yourself and others
- Follow safety rules and procedures
- Use work equipment, personal protective equipment, substances, and safety devices correctly
- Take part in safety training & risk assessments and suggest ways of reducing risks.
Adheres to Corporate Policies and Procedures, including Code of Conduct, Audit Procedures and any control related responsibility for financial data entered, stored, or reported via business systems within employee’s control (list not exhaustive). To undertake ad hoc duties as required.
Other Features of Job (travel, hours of work, working conditions etc):
- Main place of work will be CT Office
- Periodic travel away from the office, ship visits or other operating companies
- Out of hours work as required
Education, Qualifications and Training
- Degree or equivalent
- Experience of programme co-ordination/administration
- Experience of managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
Work Based Competencies
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organisation
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- A strong customer centric approach.
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent - even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.