1. Greets customers with a smile, provides polite, quality service. Follows customer specifications to ensure return business to maximize sales.
2. Decorates cakes and other bakery products using dye, specific designs or by creating custom designs. Uses variety of creams, frostings and fillings with consistent outcome. Adheres to company approved recipes.
3. Trims and cuts cakes to required shape and size. Spreads icing between layers and on cake surface. Tints white icing to required colors.
4. Takes customer orders over the phone or in person at the store. Determines what the customer is looking for in terms of size, flavor and appearance. Creates the finished decorated product in timely fashion.
5. Assists Bakery Manager in filling and merchandising the bakery sales area while adhering to production logs. Creates cakes, pastries, etc. for sale in service case. Follows rotation and mark down policies to ensure quality and freshness. Helps maintain inventory levels with proper ordering.
6. May also perform Bakery Clerk duties such as resetting the bakery cases as needed, unloading freight and checking orders. Assists with general clean-up and housekeeping in the department to ensure compliance with company and legal regulations. Complies with company and legal regulations regarding food and human safety.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
8. May assist in other areas of the store at request of superiors.
Background and drug screening must be completed.