Designs product and component packaging for display and shipping. Packaging should ensure product integrity and aesthetics, Test, analyze, and selects materials for packaging. You’ll design packaging solutions for end to end supply chain including transportation from vendors, manufacturing, and transportation and storage through delivery network. This is a 3+ month contract position with possibility of extension. Located in a state of the art facility in the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
- Fosters a high level of creativity and independence in the design and development of new or improved packaging processes, systems, prototypes and projects.
- Perform structure analyses, develop test methods, design methodologies, feasibility justification, and business case processes.
- Drives the interaction of key package, product, process and Supply Chain interfaces and incorporates them into packaging design.
- Reviews and approves packaging changes, including labels specifications and related content.
- Consult with vendors in packaging development
- Establishes supplier quality standards and supports supplier audits as needed.
- Supports manufacturing issues, CAPA’s, SCARS and audits.
- Creates packaging related SOP’s and Work Instructions.
- Provides training for appropriate personnel performing packaging activities.
- Develops and executes test methods, validations, and protocols for packaging related developments and projects.
- Justifies and prepares capital expenditures for new packaging processes and equipment.
- Develops bar codes, symbology, and labeling processes
- BS Packaging Engineering or similar
- 2-10 years of packaging engineering experience
- Training and/or experience in Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing, FMEA, DOE, and Validation protocols
- AutoCad or ProE experience