Job Title: Packaging/Palletizing Operator
Work Environment: Production - Meat plant
Dress code: Full length pants, shirt, close toe shoes. PPE required and will be provided
Position Essential Functions: (include required skills and physical abilities):
- Operate packaging equipment to fill, label, stack, and stretch wrap product containers.
- Palletizing complete packaging into boxes, check labels and palletize per order requirements.
Essential Job Functions
• Communicate with packers from the previous shift to determine if there are any problems on the packing portion of the line.
• Operate packaging equipment to fill, label, stack, and stretch wrap product containers.
• Monitor packaging equipment performance; make adjustments to equipment as necessary.
• Record and review production data as required on log sheets.
• Contact supervisor or lead person in the event of any problems with the lines, product quality, or critical control points.
• Perform product and packaging change-overs as scheduled.
• Restock boxes, skids, and liners for next shift and current shift as needed.
• Clean work areas and equipment as assigned or scheduled.
• Maintain all production areas in a neat and clean condition.
• Properly account for any product rework.
• Comply with all GMP, safety, sanitation and any other plant rules as established by the company.
• Follow all Food Safety (HACCP), GMP’s, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environmental programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements cited below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education/Training & Experience — High school diploma or GED; and one to three months in meat production related experience and/or training is preferred. Must be able to read, write and perform basic math.
Working Conditions – Temperature in the work area is at 36 degrees
Employees will be required to wear plastic gloves while performing duties involving potential direct contact with the product. Personal protective equipment (such as safety glasses, boots, or gloves) must be worn per company work rules. Employee must be available to work weekend hours as needed.
Physical Requirements— Employee is required to stand and reach with arms and hands, as a regular occurrence. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently and consistently be required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.