Job Title: Packaging Supervisor
Location: Princeton, NJ
Duration: Fulltime permanent
It is the Packaging supervisor’s responsibility to ensure that the packaging equipment used are clean, set up properly, and are in calibrated state before the use of packaging. It is Packaging supervisor’s responsibility to monitor and review visual and physical in-process checks of finished materials are as per procedures and Packaging Batch Records.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Effective communication skills, including demonstrated leadership ability and well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead a multi-shift operation.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret operating data such as packaging metrics (output), budget, safety, and quality (GMPs).
- Ability to develop systems to support continuous improvement initiatives that support packaging, quality, and safety.
- Bachelors of Science degree or other closely aligned field is required; in lieu of a degree consideration may be given to those who hold 5+ years of relevant professional experience, including 3 years of full supervisory experience including budget management.
- Experience with managing operations employees at various levels.
Educational background: Bachelors of Science
Minimum three years of work experience in a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), FDA inspections, and all other related regulatory guidelines.
- Plan, develops and execute the professional training of packaging staff to ensure compliance of GMP, safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Invest and resolve process issues in the packaging area. Recommend and implement measures that result in continuous improvement in the packaging process.
- Develop, revise, and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed.
- Maintain inventories and initiate procurement of various operating supplies in the faculty.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and calibration activities/requirements to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Direct and monitor department leads and operators to accomplish goals of the packaging plan.
- Direct and coordinate various programmers essential to packaging procedures (e.g. training, safety, housekeeping cost reduction, worker involvement security, etc.)
- Lead the smooth transfer of new packaging developments into commercial operations and ensure that the staff is fully trained in both the process technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products.