Papa Cantella’s is a family organization with very little red tape and hands-onteam. We prefer someone in this role who’s experience, well rounded, and fixes a problem if they see it rather than waiting for someone to direct them in their day-to-day responsibilities. If that is you, you will fit in well.
The Packaging Supervisor will be responsible for the set-up, the adjusting and overall detailed operations of the Packaging Department. Monitors and ensures the day –to –day compliance of the established quality standard specifications of finished products. Provides oversight to ensure a safe, effective and efficient process, guaranteeing applicable regulatory requirements. Documents and reports any deviations and takes immediate action. The Supervisor will occasionally cover employees on the line. Will be under the general supervision of the Production Managers. Expected to work very closely with Quality Control and the related departments to achieve both the short and long-term goals for the company. The Supervisor will coordinate the packaging schedules, training programs, updates on performance and other responsibilities as assign.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report daily packaging results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Resolves personnel-related issues, disciplinary notices, rewards or termination actions.
- Enforces State and Federal regulations and all company rules in a fair and consistent manner.
- Plans daily workflow, packaging scheduling, and resource planning allocation.
- Efficient use of materials, including planning all packaging activities. Expected to Achieve the targeted line efficiency.
- Will Complete the administrative and traceability paperwork.
- Follows daily packaging schedule and reports to Production Manager real-time start-up through the shift-end activity.
- Controls employee hours, schedules and minimizes labor overtime.
- Monitors and controls employee meal and rest breaks by applicable company policy and State & Federal Laws.
- Reports equipment problems, maintain equipment in good order, daily and weekly inspection of equipment, perform routine maintenance.
- Provides supervisory and project support as well as supervisory relief on all shifts while other production management personnel are on vacation, etc.
- Train, instruct, and lead all department personnel on the requirements of the job, toinclude: Safety training, the operation of equipment, GMP’s and Quality topics, etc.
- Builds and develops a team of leads to carry out company goals and objectives.
- Oversees the departmentprojects, follows all OSHA safety rules, GMPs, all food safety, procedures, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Inventory reconciliation-recording and maintaining information on current in-process and finished goods inventory
- Supervises all packaging activities performed by the employee; maintain a high degree of visibility and access to employee, motivation, and development of packaging team.
- Coordinates and works closely with quality control to maintain quality standards and takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all operating systems and machines.
- Maintain cleanliness and housekeeping of department at all times.
- Abilitytorecognize and innovate better ways to accomplish manufacturing objectives.
- High School or Equivalent Preferred.
- Bilingual able to read and communicate in English and Spanish.
- Requires a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in meat or
- Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety.
- Effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Detail Oriented and work well independently and with a team.
- Strong ability to collect data, analyzes information, define problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to work extended hours or work in off shifts as needed.
- Basic computers skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Previous HACCP certification program design and implementation.
- Able to work and stand at or below 30 degrees environment for long periods of time.
- Spend 90% amount of time standing and walking.
- Specific vision abilities for this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception to safely carry out the specific essential job tasks.
- Regularly lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Must wear PPE and other personal protective equipment supplied by Papa Cantella’s if needed or requested.