System One is seeking experienced Industrial/Auto Body Painters for its top client in Elmira, NY. All positions are long term, indefinite length with the potential for permanent hire. Positions are full-time hours plus mandatory overtime, when necessary.
Workers will be staged as various points in the process of painting the rail cars, in addition to the final touch up and retouching of interior and exterior surfaces.
- Spray painting (for priming and primer/sizing)
- Applying filler or cement with the use of trowels, scrapers and tools such as sanding and polishing machines.
- Applying paint finish (greater complexity and precision than for priming)
Required Professional Experience / Skills / Training
- Previous training in Bodywork and Paint (Informal Training) or Professional Automotive Training
- In the event of not having the specific training, demonstrate experience in similar work (preferably in similar industrial environments).
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Experience in base coat & clear coat experience as there will be a lot of blending on the rail cars.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints
- For touch-ups and retouching, it is necessary to have knowledge of the paints used to carry out patching, small touch ups, sealing…
- Handling high pressure machines
- Orientation Plan (Occupational Risk Prevention, the Environment, Quality)