United Leasing, Inc., a division of United Companies, is hiring a Paralegal for our team at our Evansville, Indiana corporate headquarters location. This full-time salaried and exempt position is responsible for providing a range of duties in support of legal and documentation compliance of business operations, including legal case management, document preparation, and legal and documentation compliance reviews.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Logs, updates, and maintains updates to case information
- Coordinates communications and documentation with outside counsel representatives
- Organizes and maintains accurate legal records in paper or electronic forms
- Interfaces with third-party legal services personnel to ensure their understanding of our business terminology, practices, procedures, etc
- Reviews and summarizes contracts, programs, and other third-party agreements, including but not limited to: loan documents, forbearance agreements, limited liability waivers, purchase orders, and master agreements
- Oversees document compliance review processes designed to ensure compliance with usage of the correct standardized and approved documentation standards as well as ensuring that all changes from standardized agreements are escalated for review and approved by President prior to release
- Ensures compliance with covenant agreements and standards
- Reviews and edits legal forms and documents for completeness and accuracy
- Prepares legal correspondence
- Negotiates terms and/or conditions with outside parties pursuant to instructions by Supervision
- Assists in legal collections process and follows up with internal and external customers
- Collaborates with other teams and individuals, such as Credit and Underwriting, to exchange information and clarify issues
- Participates in legal-related and/or business-related research projects as may be assigned
- Performs legal and factual research, including gathering and analyzing research data, such as relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes, and other pertinent material
- Assists in preparing reports, presentations, exhibits, and other communications documents
- Meets with individuals involved in legal processes to provide information and clarify issues
- Develops and maintains intimate knowledge of business-related systems and operations
- Timely escalates issues and concerns to Supervisor, as conditions may dictate
- Performs quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision
- Interacts professionally with other employees, legal advisors, customers, suppliers and others in the course of employment
- Champions process and productivity improvements through employee involvement using Six Sigma and other quality techniques
- Completes at least 10 hours of training annually for skills and development improvement
- Exemplifies the company’s Mission, Vision, Philosophy & Values as well as supports company initiatives
- Travels as business needs may require.
- Performs other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: This position minimally requires an Associate’s degree or certificate in Paralegal studies. A Bachelor’s-level degree is preferred in a legal-related field.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with legal assisting and/or paralegal work.
- Skills & Abilities: Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Thorough knowledge of legal principles, practices, terminology, and research methods. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Proficiency in creating professional correspondence, including proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills. Clear, effective, and professional communications skills (written and oral). Demonstrates initiative and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and address challenges. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Strong client service skills, detail orientation with the ability to focus on the key aspects of each project, analytical and problem-solving skills, project management skills, and organizational skills. Ability to quickly adjust priorities and multi-task while meeting multiple competing deadlines. Must be able to provide proof of employment eligibility within the United States. Demonstrates a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.