Reports to: Attorneys
Job Description:Must be detail-oriented and work independently in a team environment and maintain a positive attitude. Ninety (90%) of daily work will include assisting the attorneys and paralegals with the following:
- Prepare for hearings and trials in all types of family law matters including but not limited to divorce, custody, child support and support modification actions, and motions
- Word Processing
- Know and study substantive family law and litigation procedure
- Bill six (6) billable hours daily
- Assist with consultations with potential clients
- Must be comfortable working within firm practice guidelines and general system
- Complete administrative and managerial tasks as assigned
- Work on specific projects assigned by attorneys or Senior Paralegal
- Drafting pleadings (i.e. complaints, discovery requests, discovery responses, settlement statements, subpoenas)
- Calendaring deadlines and events in TimeMatters
- Reviewing, organizing, scanning, indexing documents produced by our clients or produced by opposing parties
- Drafting correspondence to clients and opposing parties
- Preparing hearing or trial notebooks
- Indexing depositions
- Courthouse Filing
- Detailed note taking during conferences, court hearings, and depositions
- Closing files
Minimum Requirements:1-3 years of Family Law experience required. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment. Candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidate must have ability to work extended evening and weekend hours on occasion. Must also be able to type by touch.
Prefer:Skills and Abilities: Can identify and analyze complex issues and problems and recommend and implement solutions. Detail oriented.
Education: Graduation from a recognized college, community college or paralegal program.
Must submit salary history and salary requirements.
Clients consistently say that when they walked into MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC for the very first time, they knew it was a special place. By observing our work, clients learn that the firm has talented and unique individuals doing what they do in the best possible way. In most legal situations, every communication, every procedure, and every step make litigants feel sterile, cold, and chaotic. MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCexpends sincere effort returning to clients a feeling of control, individual attention, and predictability.
Formed in 2010 by Miles Mason, Sr., MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC, formerlycrone and mason, plc, was founded on several core beliefs:
- Ethics, integrity, honor, and truth are what clients want first.
- Service of others is the highest calling.
- Effective service of clients requires each person to serve others in the firm first.
- The time and company everyone within the firm spends together matter.
- What type of law that is practiced is not as important as how that law is practiced.
- How the firm does its work is a reflection of the firm’s individuals’ values.
- The firm’s efforts must be designed to produce the intended results.
- Success is a way of life and a daily choice.
- There is no other firm just like ours.
Knowledge of the technical practice of law does not make a law firm successful. The firm’s lawyers know how to practice law. The business of practicing law is totally different from the practice of law. The successful business of practice of law requires a championship team dedicated to success every day. That championship team must include everyone.
The MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCis a very successful team that prides itself with a track record of having achieved outstanding results. Divorce, child support, custody, paternity, and all other family law problems create unique service opportunities. Family law clients demand clarity in communication, thoughtful strategic planning and consistent execution in advocacy. To learn more about the MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC, visit the firm’s website at www.MemphisDivorce.com.
The center of MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC is the paralegal. By utilizing advanced training techniques, detailed systems descriptions and individualized attention to career development, paralegals develop unique abilities to contribute to the team. Whether a task is opening a file or assisting at deposition or trial, paralegal skills improve every day. Watchwords for paralegals are the same as for the firm’s lawyers: consistency, predictability and accountability.
Compensation, benefits, and other employment related questions are handled in person with the firm’s Legal Administrator or the professional in charge of the position’s hiring.
In the legal profession, MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC, the only constant is change. When a client presents a legal problem to most lawyers, clients often feel overwhelmed by the situation’s uncertainty. While one response may be simply tell a client that no one can predict the outcome of a lawsuit, MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCadds several important messages. By providing clear communication and predictable service, MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCdemonstrates commitment to the. Clients’ loyalty to the firm is one of our most important successes.
Everyone at MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLChas an insatiable desire to know more and improve skills every day. The firm’s training programs and career development tracks are second to none because everyone contributes to the training systems. In order to compete in today’s legal marketplace, MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCmust provide all of the resources, all of the training, and all of the support equal to and greater than the largest law firms. In fact, MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCis so confident in its systems (those already designed and those yet to be designed), many of the firm’s positions do not require previous legal experience. When a MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCprofessional identifies a system that needs improving, it gets done.
MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCjudges itself at the hands of clients. At the conclusion of matters, clients “grade” the firm. MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC is accountable to its clients. The firm celebrates excellent reviews and seeks to learn from criticism. One recurring theme from clients is that MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLC’s commitments are clearly demonstrated by the entire team, not just lawyers. By attracting talented persons committed to learn the firm’s systems, practice daily what is learned, and are held accountable towards measured results, MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCadvances its goal of providing legal services with which no other firm is able to compete.
Benefits offered include:
- 100% Employee only paid health insurance premium
- 15 days of Personal Time for the first year of employment
- Subjective bonus criteria
We have a detailed MILES MASON FAMILY LAW GROUP, PLCEmployee Manual that explainsour benefits and other opportunities. Upon receiving an offer of employment, you may read it.
As we go further in the process, we may want to review official school transcripts and references. If you have a copy of your transcripts and a list of references, you may forward them to us for inclusion in your file. We look forward to speaking with you again.