Paralegal Needed for Law Office in High Point, NC!
Full-time Monday - Friday 8:30 am-5:30 pm.
Ideal candidate will be self motivated, have excellent communication skills, be dependable and prompt. This person will be a people person, and is open to learning new ideas and methods!
- Is punctual, professional, trustworthy and dependable.
- Works well under minimal supervision.
- Communicates very well with the attorney to work seamlessly as a team.
- Detail-oriented. Double checks documents for mathematical and typographical errors.
- Excellent phone etiquette. Alternates answering incoming calls with the other paralegal.
- Maintains a professional and pleasant attitude with clients and co-workers.
- Builds positive relationships with clients.
- Greets clients at the front window.
- Schedules appointments and logs them onto Microsoft Outlook calendar and the attorney's paper calendar.
- Drafts correspondence (letters, etc.).
- Adds appropriate information to form letters regarding traffic clients and medical records requests.
- Requests, reviews, and summarizes medical billing/records
- Maintains contact with clients to keep files updated.
- Prepares demands for personal injury claims and makes copies of bills and records to be submitted to insurance companies.
- Checks account balances in files and keeps a detailed record of who made payments towards bills.
- Drafts Settlement Sheets and double-checks math for accuracy.
- Calculates pro-rata distributions for settlement sheets.
- Performs internet research of clients, defendants, accident reports, news reports regarding automobile accidents and the law.
- Drafts and files complaints.
- Knowledge of how to obtain service on defendants.
- Drafts discovery responses.
- Locates worker's compensation forms online and correctly fills them out and submits them online.
- Locates social security forms online and correctly fills them out/submits them.
- Files social security disability claims online and keeps up with deadlines.
- Receipts legal fees (checks, cash and credit card payments).
- Takes trust account deposits to the bank for attorney's clients.
- Knowledge of how to operate basic office machinery
- Assists in routine maintenance of the postage machine, fax machine and copy machine.
- Contacts our maintenance provider if the copier needs maintenance.
- Assists the other attorney and paralegal when needed.
- Performs general office work as required/needed by attorneys.
- Rotates weeks with the other paralegal for morning and afternoon mail runs.
- Assists the other paralegal to coordinate sending files to storage at the beginning of each year.
- Assists the other paralegal to place Christmas card orders.
- Returns promptly from lunch hour. Coordinates lunch hours with the other paralegal so that the office does not close over lunch.
- Coordinates vacation time with the other paralegal so that the office is staffed with at least one paralegal at all times.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook and some basic knowledge of Excel)
- Wears professional attire.
If you feel that you may be a good fit - apply at www.trcstaffing.com!