White Plains & Bronx Divorce/Family Law firm seeks Paralegal/Legal Assistant for immediate full-time position.
- Handles phone calls with potential clients, clients, opposing counsel and courts.
- Welcomes clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Conserves attorneys time by reviewing and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; organizing client conferences and attorney meetings; scheduling process service, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions.
- Maintains attorney calendar by recording and monitoring court appearance dates; monitoring evidence-gathering & discovery; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction requirements.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
- Handles marketing efforts, such as blog posting & potential client follow-up.
- Relevant work experience (in legal field) and/or relevant education (e.g., paralegal studies, legal studies, legal assistant/secretary certificate, etc.) REQUIRED.
- Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships.
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- Hours are Monday-Friday (11:00a.m.-7:00p.m.) & some Saturdays (2:00pm-7:00pm).
- Paid Sick Leave & Vacation time, with increases upon anniversary dates.
- Paid medical insurance.
- Retirement account contribution after 3 years of service.
- Performance bonuses available.
SEND BOTH COVER LETTER AND RESUME.