AventuraHospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA Healthcare’s East FloridaDivision, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical surgery hospitalproviding award-winning procedures. Leveraging the latest technologies andtreatment protocols, Aventura meets both the elective and emergency healthcareneeds of its neighboring communities and international visitors. Aventura Hospitaland Medical Center is designated a Level II Trauma Center by the FloridaDepartment of Health and is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center bythe Joint Commission. Aventura’s ComprehensiveCommunity Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of SurgeonsCommission on Cancer and they are an American College of Radiology accreditedBreast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Ideallylocated in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center ishome to a community rich in diversity and infused with world class culture. A primelocation - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will besurrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
- Cardiac rhythms are interpreted accurately and primary nurse is notified of deviations from baseline.
- Care of the critically ill patient is augmented by assisting the nurse in obtaining and documenting vital signs, IV access, blood specimens, accurate monitor tracings, accucheck readings, or assists in codes
- Care of the non-critically ill patient is augmented by assisting the nurse in obtaining vital signs, IV access, blood specimens, applying OCL splints or dressings and fitting patients for crutches.
- Independent transportation of patients except those going to the Critical Care Units is done in a timely manner.
- Delivers nurse and paramedic collected specimens to the Lab in a timely manner and are competent in proper use of the tube system.
- Helps with cleaning of the department such as stretchers and IV poles etc. and stocks supplies as needed.