Assists teachers in district classrooms for emotionally impaired by performing a variety of duties designed to carry out individual student education and positive behavioral support programs.
- Provides group or individualized academic instruction, remediation or guided practice using instructional objectives and lessons developed by the teacher.
- Implements program-wide and individual student behavior intervention programs, including monitoring behavior data collection, preparing incident reports, physical intervention and reward system under the direction of classroom teachers.
- Supervises and monitors students within non-structured settings (i.e. arrival, departure, lunch and recess).
- Collects information on and summarizes student progress toward achievement of IEP goals/objectives under the direction of classroom teachers.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and adaptation of instructional materials under the direction of classroom teachers.
- Records attendance, maintains records, and performs other clerical tasks under the direction of classroom teachers.
- Assists in the use of instructional technology under the direction of classroom teachers.
- Participates in building level activities, staff meetings, student staffings, program meetings, inservice activities, and other meetings as determined necessary for assigned students.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by classroom teachers or the supervising special education administrator.