POSTION SUMMARY: The Parent Partnership Program is a resource program comprised of parents who have all had children in the Early Intervention (EI) system. Their purpose is to be an added support to families in the EI system that may need extra support, understanding of community resources or help with answering questions about the EI process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist parents/caregivers and families who have children with developmental delays or disabilities in Elwyn SEEDS EI system
* Assist with navigating the EI system, understanding services and connecting to community resources
* Act as a parent educator/coach and support new families entering the EI system using their own personal understanding and experience
* Develop and maintain a resource library of current, helpful supports to children and families specific to the Philadelphia area. Share these resources with families and make linkages where appropriate
* Contact families via telephone; answer questions, assist with inquiries and document information appropriately to ensure timely follow-up; make home and community visit when necessary, and document all contacts
* Represent Elwyn and the Parent Partnership Program at community events; attend monthly meetings, trainings and other group meeting
* Promote parent participation throughout the IEP process including attend IEP meetings as requested by parents or other Elwyn staff and continuously support families by engaging and explaining the importance of parental involvement, carryover activities, inclusion, and least restrictive environment
* Visit local EI centers, schools, daycare and childcare centers to educate the community about the program and EI; attend resources events to gather information helpful to the families serviced at Elwyn
* Assist in building and maintaining working relationships with families, providers and community advocates
* Support families and other Elwyn staff by providing trainings on various family engagement topics
* Attend all trainings as required
* Participate, as assigned, at Philadelphia Interagency Coordinating Council (PICC) activities to support EI families
* Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Parent Partner Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, parents, guardians, advocates, community behavior health workers, providers of early intervention, Philadelphia School District personnel, ID agencies, community agencies, legislative stakeholders on local and state levels.
* High School Diploma or equivalence
* Direct knowledge of Philadelphia Early Intervention System programming
* Demonstrated communication and office skills, with basic proficiency in Microsoft Word
* Have a family member receiving early intervention services in Philadelphia
* Ability to work in team environment and handle conflict in a calm, professional manner
* Demonstrated group leadership skills
* Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
* Fluency in a second language a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled